No one sight test or eye exam is the same.
The examination will depend on your individual needs and concerns.
We aim to provide you with the best vision possible, protect your eye health and give you expert advice, recommendations and treatments.
Routine tests include
- Measurement of vision, optical refraction to determine spectacle prescription, eye coordination
- Peripheral visual field analysis, and eye pressure measurement (contact tonometry – no puff of air!)
- Ocular coherence tomography (OCT) retinal imaging, anterior eye and retinal photography
- Screening for eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataract, macula degeneration and diabetic retinopathy
We can advise on
- Types of suitable vision correction – glasses, contact lenses, laser surgery
- Eye exercises to improve your focus and eye coordination
- Low vision aids and rehabilitation, lighting and improving contrast
- Nutrition and supplements to prevent eye disease
- Eye protection at work and in sport
- Eye hygiene and lubrication
- Referral to our in-house NHS specialist ophthalmology service – Wetherby Eye Clinic
As specialist optometrists, with independent prescribing status we are licenced to diagnose and treat a large range of eye conditions without ther need to refer you to a hospital clinic.
If you are due an eye test or are experiencing any new visual/eye problems then contact us by calling 01937 583278 or book an appointment today.