We are the longest established optical practice in Wetherby, having been set up soon after the start of the NHS in 1948.
The building was previously Wetherby Conservative Club, and we are located in what was the billiards room! Originally under the name of E.C.Tyrell, it was changed to Appleson’s in 1987.
In 1999, Paul Appleson took over the running of the practice from his father Raymond who was also an optometrist. In 2013 we had a refit, doubled the size of the practice, putting in an additional consulting room, a larger reception and dispensing area, and we launched our specialist eye clinic.
In 2015, in partnership with Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust, we were awarded the contract to provide the first ever NHS community adult eye service in Wetherby.
As a family run independent optometrists/opticians, we aim to provide our patients with high quality, professional, friendly and personal service. We pride ourselves on going that extra mile, which is why we have expanded our specialised clinic and services.
With a heritage built on patient recommendation, excellent customer care and our patient’s satisfaction, we continue to grow our eye health care services, to suit our customers’ needs.
In 2020, we were awarded the prestigious national Optician magazine’s Best Enhanced Optical Service Award.