Children’s Contact Lenses
We are happy to provide contact lenses for children, as and when they need them.
We will discuss the requirements of each child with their parent or guardian to ensure the appropriate contact lenses are prescribed.
If suitable, we spend time teaching how to apply and remove the contact lenses. Only when we feel the child is confident and safe with handling, will we let them start to wear contact lenses.
Contact lenses can provide children with:
- Better vision for sports and leisure activities
- Improved appearance and social acceptance, especially with high spectacle prescriptions
- Greater self-confidence, self-esteem and satisfaction
- Avoid frequent breakages of glasses
- Full time vision correction – particularly important in children with squint, astigmatism and poor vision in one eye to ensure the eyes work properly together and to avoid a ‘lazy eye’
- Easily updated when eyesight is changing frequently
For information on fees for contact lens examinations, see our Examination Fees page.
If you would like to understand the suitability of contact lenses for your child, then contact us now on tel: 01937 583278 or book an appointment today; we will be pleased to offer you the advice you need to make the right choice for your child.